Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Power of Art

My daughter Samantha inspired me to add art to my blog, so here goes! This piece I call Champion. Having been through a homebirth, a startup, and immigration to the United States (I'm not sure which one was hardest), I feel like we can do anything! With enough persistence, patience, and perseverance, any dream can be reached, any goal attained.

So often we limit ourselves in advance, closing off opportunities and restricting our options before we have even taken the first step. We wish and hope the secret wishes and hopes of our hearts but never believe that they can actually be, that life can be that good. We suffer and we believe suffering is inevitable.

My secret hope for this piece is to inspire each one of us to be champions, to go out and give our best selves to the world, trusting that what we have to give will be valued and will make a real contribution, and that it will all come back to us tenfold.

You are a champion!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: