I've had a life-changing experience with my tai chi practice. After a recent workshop with visiting instructor Steve Harris from Colorado, worlds opened up to me and I can now send my body into a deep state of bliss doing tai chi, with my mind and spirit following closely behind. I practice 6-10 hours a week, and have begun instructing as well - this is too amazing to not share with anyone who wants to learn!
Everything in life has taken an upswing along with this increased state of well-being - closer relationships, more fun, faster progress on our new venture, and really enjoying life.
Samantha maintains her intense passion for art, devouring new techniques and styles and producing hundreds of pieces of work each month. It's a challenge to know where to keep them all! She has a deepening interest in witches and magic, and has begun writing and illustrating stories (mostly about witches flying on brooms and having adventures) in her journal. We also delved into agglomerative hierarchical clustering recently after watching a Google developers talk - it's a fancy name for a way of organizing data visually, and she picked it up without skipping a beat.
Delta continues to amaze us - the other day we were standing outside on the porch and she looked up at the moon. Then she said these words, "The sun makes music and the moon likes dancing." She and Samantha have been having wonderful times playing together for stretches of up to an hour, and homeschooling is becoming fun again. And when they do encounter conflict, great tenderness can emerge. One time Samantha was upset about something having of hers having been taken and she said "I don't want (Delta)!" To which Delta replied, with tears in her eyes, "I love you." This melted Samantha's fiery moment and the sisters were friends again.Daniel is flourishing too, despite a lingering cough. He speaks with such passion and animation and eloquence about our venture and grand ideas, with such an incredible vision for the future. (And he has even started doing tai chi, so we get to practice together - he had an idea for extreme tai chi; doing tai chi in all kinds of unusual places around the world! Leave it to him to mod even the most gentle and ancient of practices :)) He has really grown since coming to California, as have I. It just feels like the RIGHT place for us to be.
As my pants from REI say,
life is good.




3 comments:
It's so wonderful to read your post. I've been thinking of you lots and missing you, of course.
I'm so glad you moved to Calif. - for the opening and change you're enjoying, and for my own selfish reasons.
much love to you all,
--sue
Awww thanks Sue! Of course you're one of the reasons we love California (and life) so much. Thank you for sharing your beautiful light. :)
I can't fight with my computer anymore, I keep writing nice fluffy messages, but then they get erased so here goes. Please, you just visit the girls at www.pelvicpainrehab.com They get people well on a regular basis and they are right in San Fran. They are the absolute top of their field. Also if you are inclined, join the yahoo group happypelvis and meet others who are getting well. Perhaps this is fate.
love, Molly
Post a Comment